The departmental library is equipped with latest books in various fields of Computer Science which provides additional insight to both students and faculty members. The department encourages students to participate in research under the guidance of faculty members. Students are motivated and encouraged to work on state of the art research and projects. There have been a number of publications in Journals, International and National Conferences by students and faculty members over the last six years. The department aims to provide amenities for the students in every possible way and groom them for a successful life ahead.
The department maintaining its relationship with the industry,
regularly organizes campus connects courses. Organizations like
Cognizant Technology Solutions, Infosys conduct courses to enhance
the technical skills of the students and make them industry ready.
Students of the department are engaged in research oriented as well
as industry oriented projects for which the department has one
research/innovative lab and specialized project lab shared with
Information Technology Department.
Program Outcome (PO): Computer Science and Engineering
At the end of the Programme, a graduate student will be able to :
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of engineering fundamentals, basic sciences and mathematical tools, to study, analyze and solve problems in Computer Science.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify the problems, analyze and interpret data, design optimal and efficient algorithms and apply the research skills to solve complex problems.
3. Design/Development of Solutions: Design and develop system components and process flows to design and implement solutions for automation of systems in real world for the betterment of health and safety, cultural and social causes.
4. Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Develop fault finding and generate test cases for different design and system levels using best engineering practices, research based knowledge and analyze results to draw conclusions.
5. Modern Tool Usage: Use modern software and hardware technologies tools for modeling and simulating real world projects.
6. The Engineer and Society: Distribute responsibilities relevant to the best engineering practice in automating and simulating projects in the fields of education, society, industry and cultural issues.
7. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the engineering based automations and solutions in environmental and societal contexts and demonstrate the knowledge towards the need for sustainable development and support.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team Work: Facing the challenge and inculcating a strong problem solving attitude, along with being a good team member/leader who can communicate well in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Comprehend, analyze and formulate technical reports. Design formal reports, make efficient presentations, execute instructions from seniors and optimally distribute work load to juniors.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principals in implementing project planning, staffing, and scheduling, preparing cost estimation reports and handle other financial aspects to manage projects as a member/leader of a team.
12. Lifelong Learning: Recognize the need and preparation for technological upgradation with the advancement of technology.